Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiDas > Is MaxiDas 708 still a good scantool for...
Is MaxiDas 708 still a good scantool for the US market

2422 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: 2015-07-09 17:32:38

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    JoeS
    2015-07-09 14:33:44
     Hello All

I have been reading the post in these forum for some time now and have this question. Is the DS708 still a good tool for general troubleshooting? Does it still work as good as it was received three or four years ago. I know that it is to be discontinued at the end of the year, but with five more years of support it may still be a good tool for some of us. Hey I still use my MT2500 from time to time. I use a computer based scantool now and it works good, but I would like to have better grouping of pid's and other options. If any DS708 user have some input on this, I would like to hear it.

Tags: DS708

•   Level 4   
    (153) points
    Emmanuel89

2015-07-09 16:18:21 (Reply to:JoeS)

I've been using the Autel 708 for approximately 3 years. Overall it's a solid universal scan tool to have, even though some features have been removed with recent updates. 

I'm a mobile vendor that offers airbag services, electrical diagnosing, and computer programming to bodyshops. (franchise/independent)
    I have VCDS (Audi/VW), techstream (Toyota/Lexus), Ford IDS, Tech 2/MDI, Autel 708, G-Scan, Autoland I-Scan and a Drewtech j2534
    I can tell you when I look at a car, the first tool I plug in is the Autel 708. Keep in mind there is no tool that does it all, but the Maxidas is close to it. I've yet to play with the new Autel tablet based tools so I'm still attached to the 708 lol.

•   Level 1   
    (8) points
    JoeS
    2015-07-09 17:32:38 (Reply to:Emmanuel89)
     Thanks Emmanuel that is the type of information I was looking for. I know that there is no "see all do all" tool out there, and that you need many in your tool box. What I have seen on the web from two to three years ago the 708 has some good function in it. I now that Autel's main focus will be on the Maxisys, as it should be. I just hope they don't have to strip the 708 down.
  Total1 Pages